http://thecutestblogontheblock.com/free/free-backgrounds/item/1563/asInline.html

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Anniversary

The table is set for a delicious dining experience.

A green salad with the homemade ranch dressing.

Homemade chicken pot pie with a creatively designed crust.

Yummy! Chocolate mousse!
Tyler and I celebrated our 2nd Anniversary 2 weeks ago. I know this post is a bit late. Better late than never, right? We stayed home and had a quiet celebration together.

I made a 3-course meal for dinner that night for Ty. We had a green salad with homemade ranch dressing as the first course. I have to make something Tyler will love so he can drown his vegetables under the dressing. Would you like some salad with your ranch dressing, Tyler? After the first course, we had homemade chicken pot pie. I made some designs for the top of the crust. Tyler burnt his mouth. He was too impatient to wait for the pie to cool down enough to eat. After the main course, Tyler and I had a chocolate mousse I made from scratch with white chocolate shaved on the top of the cold dessert.

We exchanged gifts and watched Psych. Dishes can wait a few hours after our delicious meal, right? That's what I thought.

Tyler gave me a couple of cook books and I got him season 3 of Psych (one of his favorite shows).

I can't believe that it's already been 2 years since Tyler and I were sealed together in the Nauvoo, IL temple! Time flew by and we are shocked that our anniversary has come and gone already. People keep asking us how our marriage feels now after 2 years of marriage. Tyler responds with a simple "fine" or, "The same as last year" response. That is the man I married.  A down-to-earth, simple, goofy man who makes me laugh every day since we met. He's honest and he makes sure to tell me that he loves me every day.

It was a perfect day and we cannot wait until next year for our next Anniversary that we will celebrate together.

2 comments:

  1. Awww that sounds like such a fun way to celebrate your anniversary! Dang, Afton, you are like a serious chef. Tyler is a lucky man. I like how he burned his mouth on the chicken pot pie haha I bet it was really tasty! Love ya'll!
    Kathy & Louie

    ReplyDelete
  2. The chicken pot pie was fantastic. I would burn my mouth again just to have another one.

    ReplyDelete