http://thecutestblogontheblock.com/free/free-backgrounds/item/1563/asInline.html

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Long Time ... No See

Determined to eat his 16" pancakes
He failed ...
So Tyler and I have not been diligent about our blog. We have had quite and amazing adventure since our last post. The beginning of September, we drove to Oregon for a 10 day trip for Tyler's birthday. We drove through Portland to visit my great-grandmother. We ate breakfast at the Stepping Stone Cafe (seen on Man v. Food) and headed down the Oregon coast to Gold Beach.

Gold Beach was cold and under constant cloud. Tyler and I spent most of our time on the beach, playing in the sand and water. We flew kites, sifted through the tide pools for sea critters, and went on an exciting jet boat ride up the river. Tyler and I visited a dinosaur park and drove down to Crescent City, CA where we went to a National park. We went for a hike through the woods and went to an aquarium where we pet a 6-foot shark. We also went to a small branch meeting where 50% of the congregation were tourists.

Happy 25th Birthday!
Tyler and I had to leave Oregon for Idaho eventually. It was a sad, cold morning when we left. We spent a night in Boise and then arrived back in Rexburg. It was an amazing trip! I am now in love with Oregon.

Happy boy with his candy
Since our trip, Tyler has started Fall classes and I have finally found a job. I work at a counseling center. I love my job and enjoy the environment in which I work. Tyler and I threw a small, quite Halloween party last month. Now, I am preparing for Thanksgiving. I have a fantastic menu planned and now I'm not sure if I have the time to cook or even eat my Thanksgiving dinner. I must work that day through the evening.
Don't eat me!

Can we keep him?
I do not mind spending my holiday evening at work. I know that when I get home, I get to spend my holiday with Tyler. We will probably end up having chicken noodle soup. Sounds terrific, right? It sounds perfect to me. After Thanksgiving, Tyler and I must get the apartment ready for a large group of Holts to visit. My parents, Oly, Hayli, LaRee, and Jack are all coming up the last week of December to get Oly and Jack settled in their new apartment and prepare for them to start Winter classes in January. It is going to be an exciting few months coming up in my life with Tyler by my side.

1 comment:

  1. cute blog! and congrats on the new job! everyone i know that is looking is having a really hard time, so it must be really exciting for y'all.

    :)

    ReplyDelete